In my social issue I chose to do Same-Sex couples. This is a very controversial topic in today’s society. Everyone has their own opinion and I decided to express my opinion. Same-sex couples/marriage affects me in many ways. I am in favor of same sex couples because everyone should have the same rights. When I came out my family was unsupportive of me but later came around and knew I was the same person but just attracted to the same sex and they understood. I believe I should have the same right to marry and be with the person that I love without any discrimination based on sexual orientation. I should have the same right as any other straight couple.I chose the statement, “This country also use to think that slavery and segregation were right”. The reason behind this statement is that America is in the wrong with voting against gay marriage. They were wrong when they thought interracial couples weren’t allowed to get married. This is basically the same controversial topic and the majority is wrong. It is wrong to not let someone else marry the person they want. If they don’t want gay marriage then they should just not have one. My marriage won’t interfere with their own marriage. I think we all deserve to be treated the same. And we need some serious change in America. This is the land of freedom and I knew soon things will change for the better and gay marriage will be as normal as a straight marriage today.
No comments:
Post a Comment