In this project I had to combine photography and photoshop together. This was the first time we were on our own to work on this particular project. We had to wisely choose a scene at school. The first step was to carefully brainstorm about a setting and how many characters we wanted in our photograph. The setting I decided to use was in front of the JROTC building. It was empty and I thought it would be the perfect spot to photograph, although I still didn't know what my scene was actually going to consist of. So I started walking around campus and the custodian was picking up trash. I snapped a photo real quick and thought it would look awesome if I had someone (a ghost) coming out of the trash can and getting him. Cool huh? My initial idea was to just have me just posing for a snapshot while right behind me a ghost is about to get the custodian. Then I decided I needed a little bit more action in it. So at last minute I included a freaky face monster about to get me. Of course in all horror movies the main character has to get a little scared themselves. One of the most difficult decisions I had to make was what was going to be happening in my picture and especially the setting until I walked right by it. Some of the problems I had were where to place my characters. I solved it by placing them where the lighting hit all of us on the same spot. It would have not looked as good as it did it if each object had the sun hitting it on different spots and the shadows differently. I placed all of my characters in an accurate direction. I think I did well on my ghost. The ghost looks great espcially where I placed him. Overall I think I did excellent especially for the first project on my own. I rarely asked questions because I just looked into my tool packet and really explored photoshop.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Haunted Chavez
In this project I had to combine photography and photoshop together. This was the first time we were on our own to work on this particular project. We had to wisely choose a scene at school. The first step was to carefully brainstorm about a setting and how many characters we wanted in our photograph. The setting I decided to use was in front of the JROTC building. It was empty and I thought it would be the perfect spot to photograph, although I still didn't know what my scene was actually going to consist of. So I started walking around campus and the custodian was picking up trash. I snapped a photo real quick and thought it would look awesome if I had someone (a ghost) coming out of the trash can and getting him. Cool huh? My initial idea was to just have me just posing for a snapshot while right behind me a ghost is about to get the custodian. Then I decided I needed a little bit more action in it. So at last minute I included a freaky face monster about to get me. Of course in all horror movies the main character has to get a little scared themselves. One of the most difficult decisions I had to make was what was going to be happening in my picture and especially the setting until I walked right by it. Some of the problems I had were where to place my characters. I solved it by placing them where the lighting hit all of us on the same spot. It would have not looked as good as it did it if each object had the sun hitting it on different spots and the shadows differently. I placed all of my characters in an accurate direction. I think I did well on my ghost. The ghost looks great espcially where I placed him. Overall I think I did excellent especially for the first project on my own. I rarely asked questions because I just looked into my tool packet and really explored photoshop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment