Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Artist Statement

This is my portfolio for digital photography. I had many weaknesses and strengths in my photos. In my portfolio the photos vary. I have cheerful ones to scary ones. I think I’m still trying to work on how I express myself. It may be a good photo to me but in reality needs a lot of work to be done.

I feel like my portfolio came out good. This is my first year in photography and am delighted of how brilliant it turned out. Over the course I’ve learned a great deal. I learned how to take photographs. The many settings to a digital camera. And most importantly I’ve learned a good deal of Photoshop. I know there is much still to be learned from Photoshop but I feel like I’ve accomplished something enormous.

I think I was most successful with the Macro photos. By far I believe those are my most artistic photos I’ve taken. In Photoshop I think I have learned several of the shortcuts to the tools. I did struggle in a lot of projects. I think my biggest struggle was being creative. I am not really a creative person. I always tried my best and that’s why I am proud of my portfolio.

I am slowly learning to come up with my own ideas and creative ones at that. That is something I am improving on as the next semester comes in place. I have seen improvement in my skills to use Photoshop on my own and explore what it has to offer.

My experience in this class had opened up my mind more. It has greatly helped me to work as a team and to appreciate the work of others.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Michelle. Your portfolio looks excellent. You push your creativity and your ideas and you work hard to make them happen. I love seeing what you create. Keep up the excellent work. Continue pushing yourself, and I will continue being impressed by you, and you will continue to get better and better. It will be great. You have always been an excellent student. I appreciate your hard work.