Friday, September 5, 2008

Compositional Trick #3: Macro


This compositional trick makes your camera focus on your emphasis much better. It catches the emphasis and the back begins to blurr out. In this option you don't have to zoom in at all. It helps you capture something that is tiny to make it look huge. Depth of field is when you take a photo of your subject and your background looks far and blurry. It only focuses on your subject. You have to get up real close to your subject or your camera won't know what the emphasis is. I think macro would be a great compositional trick if you are trying to get your emphasis much closer and more in focus. The second photograph is my favorite because if I hadn't had macro the bug would have looked much smaller and blurry. In this photo it is very clear and visible.

4 comments:

Keila said...

Your macro picture with depth of feel is my favorite picture. You really captured your emphasis.

Andres said...

I like the picture with the Bee in it. I think its cool how you made the background blury and that you weren't scared of the bee.

Kara said...

The macro photo of the bee is the coolest ever! It's so clear and green. The bee and the leaves are what makes this photo unique. Great job!

T-jayMartinez said...

So your the one who took this picture, well you did a great job on using the macro effect.I like this one alot.