Monday, May 11, 2009

Artist Statement

In my digital photography portfolio you will find many different types of photos. They all have different meanings and took an equal amount of hard work. They also have different moods and settings. You will find many techniques and tools that I have learned over the year.
Overall I think my portfolio looks amazing considering I’ve only been in this class for one year. Attendance played a key role in my learning about the camera and Photoshop. It was crucial to be here because it was fast paced. Everyday was a new tool or technique to be learned. Or photographs had to be taken. My writing was a pretty difficult task because I’m not so good at critiquing art. With that being said I still gave an enormous amount of effort to completing everything on time but I also tried hard to make a good piece of artwork.
I think my social issue photograph was my favorite thing out of this year. I think it was my best piece of artwork because my feelings were expressed through that photograph. Those were very personal feelings that I chose to expose because they meant a lot to me. As a matter of fact I got many comments at the portfolio show for that photograph and how it was their favorite piece of work I have done throughout my high school years. They knew how much it meant to me.
I have learned about many tools and techniques throughout this year. I learned how to use a camera properly. I learn most of the settings on a camera. I also learned a great deal about Photoshop. Photoshop was actually very difficult. There are many, many tools to it. You have to learn how to use them correctly or you’ll probably end up ruining your photograph.
I feel most successful with almost every aspect of my artwork. I think I improved a lot throughout this year and semester. I struggled a lot with creativity. That’s one thing that I found most difficult because I can’t really come up with an original idea. In the future I could improve by brainstorming more options than just going with my first idea. Some influences this year were my classmates. This year everyone has done a great job on their artwork. I have seen growth and improvement in all the sections of this class such as; Photoshop tools, techniques, photographs, ideas, creativity, and critiquing art.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Over the course of your portfolio, you have done some really nice things! I enjoy the effort you put into each of your projects. I really like the concept behind your metaphor. It makes me sit and wonder how I would have shown that metaphor visually. I love your bee photo too. It has been a pleasure having you in class!